Since 1999, we’ve been building better software for the web. If you have strong dev ops and systems administration experience and are ready to work from our offices in Boulder, Durham, or (near) DC, let’s talk.
We have a wide range of clients and their needs are diverse—from a single cloud server at DigitalOcean, to a hybrid load-balanced deployment at Rackspace. Our clients range from smaller clients, to major brands like ESPN and Dick’s Sporting Goods, to world-changing nonprofits like WWF and WCS, as well as emerging startups and tech leaders like Google. Viget == variety.
To get a feel for how we think and what we’re learning about, read our tech articles, check out code.viget.com, or jump straight to our projects on GitHub.
A DevOps Engineer:
- Is a self-starter and comfortable proactively identifying and solving problems.
- Knows how to administer, monitor, and tune Linux systems across a variety of hosting providers. We're partial to Ubuntu, but experience with other systems is valuable and we’re open-minded.
- Doesn’t like to re-invent the wheel and leverages proven automation tools like Ansible to build out infrastructure in a repeatable way.
- Is familiar with the pros and cons of major application hosting options and when it makes sense to go cloud, PaaS, or metal.
- Has experience with standard web stack software (e.g nginx, PostgreSQL) and can diagnose issues and optimize performance as necessary.
- Implements security best practices to harden systems against attacks.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (daily stand-ups, Slack discussions, code reviews, etc.), occasional pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted work time.
- Speaks and writes well.
- Enjoys working with distributed version control systems (git is our favorite).
- Actively participates in the developer / technology community by contributing to open source projects, attending (and in some cases speaking at) events, and/or writing articles.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
Extra Credit for Experience With:
- Administering Rails applications
- Troubleshooting and improving performance of PHP applications
- Docker, for hosting and as a development tool
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, examples of your work, and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about your responsibilities and how you approach your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Emily and Erica on Viget’s People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time. We look forward to meeting you!
Interested in Viget, but not ready to apply? Get on our radar by dropping us an email or connecting with us.