At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Enterprise Cloud Technologies Support Engineering team is looking for an experienced Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) engineer to join us as a Technical Support Engineer. In this role, you will collaborate with our customers' top developers and architects and assist our technical support engineers with complex and challenging issues regarding the Red Hat OpenStack Platform technology. You'll also partner closely with development engineering teams and work alongside some of the brightest developers in the open source community. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will help us resolve issues quickly and efficiently. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing enterprise software and services company at the forefront of open source.
Primary job responsibilities
- Partner with the Red Hat OpenStack Platform communities to develop and review patches and test cases
- Analyze upstream development against current customer reported defects and develop patches to resolve the issues
- Use command line tools to diagnose network issues and message queue problems
- Record customer interactions to detail investigation efforts, troubleshooting, and the resolution of issues
- Work closely with Red Hat development engineers, production support engineers, and technical account managers
- Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions
- Maintain a commitment to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat’s customers
- Manage your workload to ensure all customer issues are handled and resolved in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of comprehensive and reusable self-service solutions for future incidents
- 4+ years of experience as a support or development engineer for virtualization or cloud technologies on Linux
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platforms
- Good understanding of Linux command line tools
- Solid development-level experience with Python and experience writing patches
- Deep knowledge of filesystem standards, network architecture, high availability, identity management, and RESTful APIs
- Experience with tcpdump analysis, Open vSwitch networking, and MySQL databases
- Commitment to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat’s customers
- Linux operating system installation, configuration, upgrade, and maintenance experience is a big plus
- Upstream involvement in open source projects like patches submitted for upstream inclusion is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field; engineering, or computer science is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.