We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join the development team in Toronto. Key responsibilities will include creation of new UI feature sets in our core product offerings. Bridging the gap between creative ideation and functional, cutting-edge, web standards. Being involved in weekly tech shares, scrums and code reviews and staying abreast of the latest in front-end technology developments involving everything from ES6 to Node to SCSS.
- Work with the team to build high-quality web pages and user interfaces for web applications.
- Build front-end functionality from feature requirements in an Agile, iterative and phased approach.
- Work to enhance the proposed solution and produce great user experiences.
- Provide development mentorship to any junior staff when needed.
- Complete bug fixes based on QA reports. Find/fix problems, document/review, and work within the team to follow them to conclusion
- Developing and testing with cross browser compatibility
- Build modular, scalable, robust, and reusable code with front-end technologies using good engineering practices for maintenance and security.
- Direct and develop your own professional skills.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ of web development experience as a either a front end or full stack web developer
- 5+ experience in hand-coded, standards-compliant HTML, CSS and JS
- Experience with state management pattern libraries such as Redux, EventEmitter or RxJS
- Experience with Node workflow/build systems (webpack, npm, etc...), $ and a working knowledge of REST and JSON
- Experience with GIT and associated workflows such as Gitflow
- Experience implementing 3rd party tools/libraries where appropriate
- Experience with strongly typed languages such as Java or Typescript and the understanding of concepts therein, i.e. Interfaces
- Experience using databases and associated CRUD methodologies
- Development experience with different browser technologies and mobile environments
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology including sprints, SCRUMS and test-driven development
- Knowledge of User-centered Design
Nice to have:
- Experience with linux and high CLI comfort
- The candidate should be a positive, forward-thinker with an ability to work on detailed-oriented tasks and to think calmly and rationally when under the pressure of sprint timelines