We are seeking a Front End Developer to help us build out our product offering and develop new features. This position is best suited for a creative, experienced engineer who lives and breathes HTML/CSS/JS. The ideal candidate should be able to provide meaningful collaboration, work well with tight knit engineering, product, marketing and design teams and be excited for the opportunity to contribute directly to the development and maintenance of Spoonflower’s technology and community.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Continuously improving the existing codebase.
- Monitoring quality, optimizing performance, and developing test coverage and methodologies for continuous code release.
- Implementing compelling, functional, mobile- friendly user interfaces that support the success of our Spoonflower technology.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Defining and communicating best practices for web-based user interface engineering across the organization.
- Advocating for accessibility and usability while also pushing for design innovation.
- Considering every last detail of the user experience, from core functionality to subtle, delightful interactions and transitions.
Who Are We Looking For?
If you have the following background, along with an interest in building our business from the ground up, we are looking for you!
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer or web developer
- Experience designing and developing transactional, responsive web applications
- Articulate, concise and professional written and verbal communications
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- An affinity for crafting or the DIY movement in general preferred
What Can We Offer You?
At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. We encourage a casual, family-friendly office space and love when our employees are just as creative and passionate as our customers. Our team is full of multitalented individuals who embody — like our customers — a DIY ethic and embrace hard work. As part of Spoonflower, we offer team members outstanding benefits, including company paid medical coverage for employees and their families, generous time off benefits, the support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and advance within the company. And did we mention the monthly fabric/wallpaper allowance?
If you’re interested in joining us, please send a resume and cover letter telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas and therefore will be searching locally for this position.
No Recruiters/Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will be fed to our printers. Candidates and/or resumes presented to non-HR employees from recruiters and/or agencies will be disqualified.