We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team to help with our expansion. We are mostly cloud-based in AWS, and are expanding in terms of number of websites and establishing an international presence.
- Develop and maintain Ansible (or other system) for deploying servers of various kinds
- Develop and maintain Ruby on Rails deployment scripts
- Write and maintain Nginx and Phusion Passenger setups for Rails
- Implement best security practices for AWS based infrastructure
- Additionally manage MySQL instances, including replication and backups
- Help design and implement newer parts of our technology stack
- Develop and maintain best practices for infrastructure monitoring and notifications
- Develop and document reliable emergency procedures for various types of incidents
- Develop rapid horizontal deployment capabilities within AWS to deal with traffic spikes
- Keep server packages upgraded, especially for critical security updates
- Work with Engineering on various other projects, including possibly developing coding projects in Ruby on Rails or Node.js
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Experience working in DevOps or System Administration in the cloud, and experience specifically with AWS
- Knowledge and direct experience with systems configuration software such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, or similar
- Linux command line and shell scripting
- Direct experience setting up MySQL, tuning MySQL and using MySQL replication
- Experience with Ruby, Node.js, Python or similar
- Setting up continuous integration with CircleCI or similar tool
- Understanding of git, including branching and merging
- Configuring Nginx including TLS certificates
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, IT or related field
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, including being on-call sometimes during non-office hours
- Nice, warm, approachable, smart, humble, works with joy, likes people, good teacher and mentor
What can we offer you?
At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multitalented individuals who embody — like our customers — a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members outstanding benefits (to include company paid medical insurance for employees and their families), support of continuing education, a monthly fabric allowance and the chance to learn new skills and move within the company. Company culture includes monthly town halls, regular Spoonfun events and an annual fabric design challenge for staff.
If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered!
No Recruiters/Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will be fed to our printers. Candidates and/or resumes presented to non-HR employees from recruiters and/or agencies will be disqualified.