At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Data and Analytics Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you'll contribute to our understanding and modeling of product and system logs, product development stacks, and product quality data. You will help Red Hat identify key issues, at scale, that lead to improved product quality, more efficient management of environments, and create models that guide areas of investment to optimize the product development pipeline. Using regression analysis and classification techniques, you will process large amounts of product and infrastructure log data to create new product quality models using R, Python, Spark, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and others.
Primary job responsibilities
- Create models of types of product quality failures and resultant outcomes
- Analyze high-volume, unstructured data sources to build new structured models for product quality assessment
- Create visualizations of outcomes
- Collaborate with other team members of varying technical abilities on cross-team projects, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users
- Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, or a related quantitative field; PhD is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis or consulting related to cognitive computing, text analytics, natural language processing
- Ability to solve complex business problems using innovative analytical processes and techniques
- Familiarity with data mining approaches
- Experience using open source statistical computing toolkits like R, Apache Mahout, and scikit-learn
- Familiarity with Apache Spark and ElasticSearch
- Data manipulation experience using R and Python
- Ability to communicate key insights and findings to business stakeholders
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.