SciQuest is the leading public provider of spend management providing value beyond savings. Through the continued release of key innovative solutions and a drive toward making our customer partners successful, we deliver exceptional value in user experience, productivity and operational efficiency. If you share our passion to deliver your best toward making customers successful, come be a part of our growing team. Work-life balance and volunteering in our communities through our Build Q-munity events are only some of the reasons our employees say SciQuest is a great place to work.
We are seeking an accomplished Account Executive to join our Government Sales Team. Knowledge of enterprise software and supply chain management is great, but most critical is a tenacious approach to sales. We’re seeking an experienced professional with a consistent proven track record of results who has demonstrated the ability to navigate and penetrate a complex sales environment. The ideal candidate is creative and can work autonomously, but is also a team player and successfully partners with the others within the organization. This position provides high visibility and extraordinary rewards for professionals who thrive in a rapidly changing environment and who have a successful sales track record.
The Account Executive (AE) will be responsible to manage their territory to improve pipeline and business volumes. This is done by:
- Effectively identifying, qualifying and tracking leads;
- Making timely decisions about which opportunities SciQuest will pursue;
- Ensuring that appropriate resources are allocated to drive and support sales. When required, work with the appropriate support personnel to oversee the sales process for specific opportunities;
- Establish an overall territory plan and articulate discrete actions required to win new work. The AE will manage and coordinate every aspect of specific sales opportunities-from the time that SciQuest decides to pursue an opportunity until a contract is signed;
- Must be capable of driving a sale, writing proposals, and negotiating contracts.
Business Volumes - Pipeline/Quota
• AE is required to generate a solid pipeline and to sell within the prescribed performance period.
Opportunity Tracking / SFDC
- AE is required to enter all sales activity into Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- As SciQuest qualifies an opportunity and pursues it through its lifecycle, the AE must systematically create updates to the opportunity record and reflect current information regarding sales stage, key dates, deal size, and so on.
AE will contribute to the development of solutions being proposed for prospects. As SciQuest develops the solution for an AE's account, the AE is to clearly answer key questions that explain the value proposition, pricing, and competition in the sale.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrable success selling complex software solutions in the Government market with experience in the State and Local space.
- An undergraduate degree (preferred) preferably in Marketing, Business, Information Technology, with significant experience in the software and sales industry.
- An understanding of ERP offerings and procurement solutions and technology.
- Proven ability to build and deliver credible business value propositions at all of the multiple levels (ex. CFO; VP of Supply Chain)
- Proficiency in the sales processes and account/territory planning.
- Proficiency in solution selling running complex sales cycles.
- Contacts in State and Local government required.
- Desire to work hard and take ownership of all facets of the sales process.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
About Our Benefits
We offer a generous benefits package including employee and family health, dental and vision coverage, reimbursement accounts for eligible medical expenses; company-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits; retirement plan with company match and generous paid time off benefits. Additional benefits include education reimbursement, employee stock purchase plan and fitness reimbursement benefits.
SciQuest offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics.