Some of the largest Commercial, Manufacturing and Life Sciences companies in the world trust JAGGAER with billions of dollars of annual spend. Additionally, JAGGAER is the leading procure-to-pay provider in the Higher Education and Government sectors. JAGGAER eprocurement and strategic sourcing customers across the globe have gained access to the best suppliers, with the best terms, on our scalable, customizable, user-friendly platform. Our SaaS-based, source-to-settle solution provides unparalleled visibility, insights and recommendations to procurement leaders and suppliers. The result is a fluid supply chain driven by powerful spend analysis, comprehensive contract management and efficient accounts payable solutions.
JAGGAER is seeking an accomplished Account Executive to join our Commercial Market Team to promote the sales of our spend analysis solution into the commercial market. Knowledge of enterprise software and supply chain management is great, but most critical is a tenacious approach to sales. We’re seeking an experienced professional with a consistent proven track record of results who has demonstrated the ability to navigate and penetrate a complex sales environment. The ideal candidate is creative and can work autonomously, but is also a team player and successfully partners with the others within the organization. This position provides high visibility and extraordinary rewards for professionals who thrive in a rapidly changing environment and who have a successful sales track record.
The Account Executive (AE) will be responsible to manage their territory and assigned accounts to improve pipeline and business volumes. This is done by:
- Effectively identifying, qualifying and tracking leads;
- Making timely decisions about which opportunities SciQuest will pursue;
- Ensuring that appropriate resources are allocated to drive and support sales. When required, work with the appropriate support personnel to oversee the sales process for specific opportunities;
- Establish an overall territory plan and articulate discrete actions required to win new work. The AE will manage and coordinate every aspect of specific sales opportunities—from the time that SciQuest decides to pursue an opportunity until a contract is signed;
- Must be capable of managing a complex sales campaign, writing proposals, and negotiating contracts.
Business Volumes – Pipeline/Quota
- AE is required to generate a solid pipeline and to sell within the prescribed performance period.
Opportunity Tracking / SFDC
- AE is required to enter all sales activity into Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- As SciQuest qualifies an opportunity and pursues it through its lifecycle, the AE must systematically create updates to the opportunity record and reflect current information regarding sales stage, key dates, deal size, and so on.
AE will contribute to the development of solutions being proposed for prospects. As SciQuest develops the solution for an AE’s account, the AE is to clearly answer key questions that explain the value proposition, pricing, and competition in the sale.
- A minimum of 7 years of demonstrable success selling complex software solutions in the Life Science and Commercial markets.
- An undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, Information Technology, with significant experience in the software and sales industry preferred.
- An understanding of ERP offerings and procurement solutions and technology.
- Proficiency in the sales processes and account/territory planning.
- Proficiency in solution selling running complex sales cycles.
- Rich rolodex of industry specific contacts.
- Desire to work hard and take ownership of all facets of the sales process.
- Proven ability to build and deliver credible business value propositions at all of the multiple levels (ex. CFO; VP of Supply Chain)
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Travel up to 50% of the time
We offer a generous benefits package including employee and family health, dental and vision coverage, reimbursement accounts for eligible medical expenses; company-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits; retirement plan with company match and generous paid time off benefits. Additional benefits include education and well-being reimbursements.
JAGGAER offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics.