Sageworks is a financial information company based in Raleigh, NC that provides loan portfolio and risk management solutions to financial institutions and financial analysis and valuation applications to accounting firms and private companies. Through these applications, we have created the largest real-time database of private-company financial information in the United States, which is used by media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, CNBC, American Banker and Accounting Today to report on economic performance. Sageworks has been recognized by Inc. Magazine and Deloitte as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the U.S., and we have a deliberately unique environment and culture that is casual yet results-oriented.
The Senior Consultant will provide subject matter expertise as part of the software sales process, offer strategic direction and feedback to the product development team, and execute deliverables as part of advisory engagements. Primary areas of emphasis will be the Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses, Stress Testing, Loan Pricing, Purchased Loan Accounting, and various other portfolio-level analytical engagements.
We are looking for candidates with strong intellect, a passion for banking/finance, the ability to execute with excellence, as well as superior communication, customer service and relationship management skills. As a role within a high-growth company, the range of initiatives is dynamic and will provide exposure into multiple areas of the company.
- Consult with executives and other stakeholders at financial institutions to help them best understand Sageworks’ technical products during due-diligence stage of the sales cycle
- Develop subject matter expertise in credit risk management and loan portfolio analytics
- Provide thought leadership to the industry through published content, live presentations and webinars
- Work with the product development team in maintaining and enhancing the product line-up based on your experience, customer feedback, accounting guidance, and regulatory requirements
- Execute and deliver various consulting engagements including but not limited to ALLL transition assistance, data fit/gap analysis, profitability measurements, portfolio valuation services, and disclosure/policy assistance
- 4+ years of experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in and across teams; must possess strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to diagnose client needs and build relationships through a consultative approach
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time to meet with clients
- Ability to quickly build credibility with an executive level audience
- Track record of results-oriented achievements and successful strategy execution
- Bachelor’s degree with cumulative GPA of 3.0 and above, MBA a plus