Sageworks is a fast-growing financial information company that provides private-company financial information and develops financial analysis and risk management solutions. By doing so, we give people data they can understand and use, which helps them make better financial decisions.
Sageworks is building a team of recent college graduates to serve as leaders within the public relations team and the company as a whole. The right candidate for this position is driven, extremely comfortable networking and meeting new people, wants ownership of projects, and aggressively sets and works toward goals.
As a Public Relations Associate, your responsibilities will be diverse, but examples of projects that you may take on in this role include: sourcing and managing local and national speaking engagements, developing and executing national media relations campaigns, proactively developing and maintaining relationships with major media outlets, and regularly communicating via phone, email, and continuous in-person meetings with journalists and community organizations. This role requires the strategy and execution of a political campaign manager.
As needs of the company change, your role will likely be adjusted, so associates can expect exposure to a variety of projects as well as product-team responsibilities.
- “Get-it-done” organizational mentality
- Collaboration on innovative ideas and implementation of the best designs
- Relaxed attire and dog-friendly environment
- Flat company structure – Access to Executives
- Media relations campaigns
- Community outreach and networking
- Sourcing and managing speaking engagements
- Measure and track the effectiveness of different initiatives to optimize media relations campaigns
- Project management
- GPA of 3.6 or higher
- Bachelor’s degree (all majors accepted)
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with managing multiple projects at once without sacrificing detail orientation
- Interest in media relations, entrepreneurship, technology, and/or finance