Sageworks is a financial information company based in Raleigh, NC that provides loan portfolio and risk management solutions to financial institutions and financial analysis and valuation applications to accounting firms and private companies. Through these applications, we have created the largest real-time database of private-company financial information in the United States, which is used by media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, CNBC, American Banker and Accounting Today to report on economic performance. Sageworks has been recognized by Inc. Magazine and Deloitte as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the U.S., and we have a deliberately unique environment and culture that is casual yet results-oriented.
Sageworks is seeking a self-motivated and driven Network Engineer to work as part of our infrastructure team. This person will be responsible for our internal network hardware and software. Additionally, this person will work with our security team to ensure our environment and users adhere to compliance regulations as well as to implement new initiatives as needed.
- Provide expertise and documentation for lifecycle of hardware and systems.
- Design, configure and troubleshoot local area network architecture.
- Work with security team to manage, and implement security software and systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware, software and connectivity problems.
- Assess virtual systems performance and make improvements to the environment as necessary.
- Maintain active documentation of local area network.
- At least 3- 5 years data center experience including:
- Demonstrable knowledge, engineering and deployment of Cisco and Palo Alto Networks.
- Layer 2 switching – Cisco Meraki preferred.
- Layer 3 switching – Cisco 2960 or Cisco IOS.
- Familiarity and experience with hypervisor – VMware preferable.
- Some VOIP experience required – CUCM preferred.
- Active Directory and Group Policy configuration and management.
- Security software implementation and hardening – Appsense, SEPM and SIEM preferred.
- Update and patching – Shavlik and/or WSUS.
- Systems monitoring and mitigation expertise.
- Lifecycle and inventory management.
- Strong attention to detail and documentation.
- Solid networking knowledge, system knowledge, and advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of security and regulatory practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
The role offers a competitive salary along with full health benefits, PTO and a 401(k) plan and company match. Other benefits include casual attire, a dog friendly workspace, and in-office gym access.