Sageworks is a financial information company based in Raleigh, NC that provides loan portfolio and risk management solutions to financial institutions and financial analysis and valuation applications to accounting firms and private companies. Through these applications, we have created the largest real-time database of private-company financial information in the United States, which is used by media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, CNBC, American Banker and Accounting Today to report on economic performance. Sageworks has been recognized by Inc. Magazine and Deloitte as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the U.S., and we have a deliberately unique environment and culture that is casual yet results-oriented.
This role is an ideal position and unique opportunity for someone interested in a wide breadth of marketing activities. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing marketing strategies for a specific product vertical at Sageworks, while collaborating with other Marketing Managers to maintain a cohesive brand and message in the market. A significant component of this position is digital marketing. This may include initiatives such as email marketing, content development and distribution, networking with industry executives, CRM reporting and optimization, online and in person event coordination, search engine marketing and optimization and referral programs. The role will also serve as the primary liaison between the marketing and sales departments, communicating and coordinating campaign schedules, ROI messaging and expectations with marketing supported initiatives. Success for this role will be measured by both activity metrics as well as revenue generated in the supported market.
- Develop and optimize email marketing and other mass communication channels to fulfill Sageworks’ branding and lead generation objectives
- Produce and distribute thought leadership content to support branding and lead generation goals within marketing
- Segment the market to deliver the right message to the right audience for increased conversion rates
- Identify potential partners in the industry who can serve to offer referral business, leads or visibility in the market and then build out those partnerships
- Support new sales, client service and channel partner teams through dedicated and shared marketing campaigns
- Measure the effectiveness of different initiatives to optimize strategic marketing plans for that division of the company
- 2-4 years of experience in product marketing, ideally in the technology or B2B industries
- Excellent communication skills to effectively represent the company to external parties and to facilitate communication across teams at Sageworks
- Experience in HTML, marketing automation and content management systems are preferred
- Demonstrated experience producing marketing materials, including product collateral, newsletters, HTML emails, sales scripts, etc.
- Comfort with managing multiple projects at once without sacrificing detail orientation