Sageworks is a financial information company based in Raleigh, NC that provides loan portfolio and risk management solutions to financial institutions and financial analysis and valuation applications to accounting firms and private companies. Through these applications, we have created the largest real-time database of private-company financial information in the United States, which is used by media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, CNBC, American Banker and Accounting Today to report on economic performance. Sageworks has been recognized by Inc. Magazine and Deloitte as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the U.S., and we have a deliberately unique environment and culture that is casual yet results-oriented.
The Junior Accountant position will assist in the administration of the company's entire accounting function, including but not limited to adherence to current accounting procedures and systems, and the implementation of new procedures and systems as the company grows. The ideal applicant learns quickly, is very detail-oriented, capable of working independently, accomplishing objectives, and meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and willing to take on different duties as priorities change.
- Enter financial data, prepare accounts/financial statements, and document business transactions
- Assist with all month-end closing procedures, reports and metrics
- Process Accounts payable and employee expense reimbursement processes
- Maintain the company’s accounting and administrative systems, including computer software systems and manual filing systems
- Assist with developing and maintaining accounting control procedures and process improvements
- 0-3 years of professional experience in business, accounting, finance or related field
- Undergraduate degree with a 3.7 or higher GPA
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- High personal integrity and commitment to excellence
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Knowledge of financial/accounting software applications (Netsuite) is a plus