At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Customer Content Services team is looking for a Technical Writer to join our Middleware Product Documentation team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will join a team that promotes customer loyalty and success through content development and delivery. You'll create and be responsible for the feature documentation, user guides, and premium content that accompany Red Hat offerings, which will be made available online through Red Hat’s customer portal. As a Technical Writer, you will define the scope of, quality test, and deliver writing projects while maintaining a customer focus by participating in existing feedback programs and consistently developing your technical expertise. Drawing from your passion for both technology and the English language, you’ll work closely with developers, engineers, and other subject matter experts to create content that helps our customers understand our offerings and solutions.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work closely with content strategists, engineering project teams, support teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality documentation for upcoming releases of Red Hat’s offerings
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver customer-focused documentation
- Engage and collaborate with the customer feedback program to address content gaps, respond to direct customer feedback, and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience
- Keep up to date on changes of our offerings, customer use cases, and support issues
- Master the use of our internal documentation toolchain, including the publishing platform and issue-tracking tools
- Familiarity with Red Hat’s middleware products and related industry offerings
- Experience documenting application server technologies like Red Hat JBoss EAP, IBM WebSphere, or Oracle WebLogic
- Knowledge of the JEE platform and experience working with enterprise Java projects
- Working knowledge and experience operating in a Linux environment using the command line
- Ability to read, write, and compile technical documents, including feature descriptions, customer use cases, and release notes using industry best practices
- Experience in writing clear and concise procedural documentation for a technical audience
The following are considered a plus:
- Understanding of Linux containers or Docker containers
- Understanding of enterprise architecture concepts like n-tier architectures and enterprise integration patterns
- Proficiency in Java and the ability to read and write source code for Java-based applications
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, or an arts or language field
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.