At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Enterprise Cloud Technologies Support Engineering team is looking for a Technical Support Engineer with big data and software-defined storage experience to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will collaborate with our customers' top developers and architects and assist our technical support engineers with complex and challenging issues. You’ll work as part of the Enterprise Cloud Technologies Support Engineering team, helping them resolve issues quickly and efficiently. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing global enterprise software and services company at the forefront of open source.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide technical support to subscribers of the Red Hat storage portfolio, including Red Hat Ceph Storage and Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Use command line tools to diagnose network issues and storage problems
- Record customer interactions to detail investigation efforts, troubleshooting, and the resolution of issues
- Work closely with Red Hat development engineers, production support engineers, and technical account managers
- Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions
- Maintain a commitment to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat’s customers
- Manage your workload to ensure all customer issues are handled and resolved in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of comprehensive and reusable self-service solutions for future incidents
- 2+ years of experience as a support or development engineer for storage or cloud technologies on Linux
- Good understanding of Linux command line tools
- Solid development-level experience with Python and experience writing patches
- Commitment to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat’s customers
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field; engineering or computer science is a plus
- Linux operating system installation, configuration, upgrade, and maintenance experience is a big plus
- Experience with tcpdump analysis, NFS, CIFS, and containers is a plus
- Upstream involvement in open source projects, including submitting patches upstream, is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.