At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Application Platform Support Delivery team is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will work closely with developers, architects, and assist other support engineers to provide technical support and sustaining engineering services to maximize up-time and reduce IT costs for enterprise customers. You'll also work closely with internal development engineering teams and some of Red Hat's key strategic cloud partners to jointly solve with complex and challenging multi-vendor customer issues.
Primary job responsibilities
- Serve as a direct contact and adviser for customer inquiries about Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Quickly analyze issues to identify problem areas and effectively communicate corrective actions and resolutions to customers
- Collaborate with other support engineers and other internal teams and external parties during the problem resolution process
- Document diagnostic steps and create reusable solutions for future incidents
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience
- 5+ years of experience as a support or development engineer for a Platform as a Service provider or hosting service
- 5+ years of experience with Linux or Unix operating systems, including installation, configuration, upgrade, and maintenance experience
- Experience working with hosted applications, or large scale application deployments
- Familiarity with technologies like Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, containers, and Ansible cloud management
- Good understanding of Linux tools, especially cURL, git, strace and Wireshark
- Solid troubleshooting skills and a passion for problem solving and investigation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and work under pressure
- Knowledge of support systems and tools
- Outstanding English communications skills
- Commitment to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat customers
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field; engineering or computer science is preferred
- Experience with containers, Open vSwitch, JBoss, Tomcat, NodeJS, Ruby and Python web frameworks, and .NET are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.