At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be coordinating work with other engineers, architects, product managers, scrum masters, and community members to write new features for a rapidly changing container technology. You’ll write code, review pull requests, fix bugs, update docs, and work with other teams to design complete solutions. You’ll work in an agile environment, adding features and improving our offerings. You’ll get to work on many emerging technologies and maybe even create some new ones. As a Software Engineer, you’ll need to be able to work on your own because documentation sometimes isn’t abundant for these new technologies, but there are always architects and team leads able to help. We’re looking for engineers who are interested in working on containers, Docker, Kubernetes, operating systems, continuous integration (CI), and more.
Primary job responsibilities
- Participate in a scrum team
- Complete tasks on a given timeline
- Give demos to your peers on work you’ve completed during each sprint
- Design technical solutions to abstract problems
- Work with upstream communities like Docker and Kubernetes
- Ensure test plans for the code you create exist and that documentation is correct
- Design automated test plans
- Quickly respond to security threats
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Ability to learn new programming languages; experience with Go is a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Understanding of how open source and free software communities work
- Experience with CI and continuous delivery (CD)
- Familiarity with Linux containers, Docker, or Kubernetes is a plus
- Ability to present to customers and stakeholders is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.