At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Services Marketing team is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you’ll promote customer loyalty and success through content development and delivery. You will create material based on global and regional consulting services engagements to aid in the delivery of internal enablement and awareness. You will also work on a variety of content writing projects, from creation of innovative ideas and approaches to partner enablement, in support of Global Services team and with a customer focus.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work closely with the Consulting team to highlight work from recent engagements, featuring solutions from across Red Hat's portfolio and focusing on the customer experience and outcomes
- Engage and collaborate with the Services Marketing team and other stakeholders to create content and innovative content which includes writing, editing, and ghost-writing on topics like enablement, presentations, webinars, whitepapers, web content, and social media
- Keep up to date on Global Services offerings and programs, from consulting to training to partner enablement
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver customer-focused documentation
- Collaborate with multiple teams across Red Hat and become the expert within Services Marketing team
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, communications, or an arts or language field
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Familiarity with Red Hat solutions or related industry offerings, e.g. Linux, middleware, storage, cloud, or virtualization technologies; familiarity with technology consulting services is a plus
- Ability to read, write, and compile technical documents, including feature descriptions, customer use cases, and release notes
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain communication with subject matter experts and other project team members
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.