At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat IT team is looking for a Senior Software Applications Engineer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will work as a member of a fast-paced and collaborative IT business process management team that is responsible for streamlining the Red Hat associates account management process automation, Container Health Index and ISV process automation, and Rover group process automation. As a part of this team, you’ll help provide business process automation as a service for other enterprise level workflows. You will work on the design, development, testing, documentation, and release of enterprise solutions that conform to enterprise design patterns. You'll also contribute to the team's capabilities and deliverables by mentoring junior team members, demonstrating technical skills, personal initiative, creativity, learning, sharing, and teamwork while collaborating with local and remote team members, as well as external groups.
Primary job responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and maintain business process management (BPM) automation software applications that conform to enterprise design patterns
- Develop, test, and maintain Java-based applications to create a bridge between BPM and other applications
- Mentor junior teammates on technical and non-technical skills
- Analyze and clarify business requirements to implement server-side business logic and user interface (UI)
- Document use cases, create physical and logical data models, and build deployment plans
- Analyze log files to help debug problems
- Evaluate open source solutions to meet business needs
- Provide ongoing application maintenance and support
- Represent the team in meetings with stakeholders
- 5+ years of object-oriented analysis and design experience
- 5+ years of experience developing in Java, J2EE, including EJB3 and Maven
- 5+ years of experience working in an agile team environment
- 5+ years of experience working with distributed source control like GIT, including branching and merging
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related field
- 3+ years of experience with relational database programming (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle etc.)
The following experience will be considered as plus:
- 2+ years of developing against NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Working in cloud environment (deploying applications using container based technology)
- 3+ years of writing automation with scripts or using some tools, e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Jenkins
- Dynamic languages (Groovy, Python, Ruby etc.)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.