At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Global Compensation team is looking for a Senior Global Compensation Program Manager to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you’ll create and implement program strategies and support projects and processes for our compensation programs. You will bring a global and innovative approach along with a keen understanding of how compensation programs should support the talent and financial strategy of the organization and drive business results. You will measure program success as well as promote education, understanding, and utilization of our compensation programs. As a Senior Global Compensation Program Manager, you will guide compensation compliance initiatives and liaise between Total Rewards and other teams through expansions and regulatory changes. We'll need you to have excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to partner and collaborate in Red Hat’s unique culture.
Primary job responsibilities
- Create and lead compensation program strategies and design that aligns with Company goals and scale for future company growth including:
- Base pay programs targeted to address competitive needs, pay equity, and transparency initiatives
- Short-term incentive programs aligned with corporate results
- Global salary structures set up for scale
- Closely partner with compensation consultants and business leaders to gather program feedback for future program enhancements and program changes
- Define program success measures and continuously measure against those measures
- Lead country expansions for Total Rewards; create proposed compensation and benefit packages
- Create strategy and carry out on compensation change management and enablement; partner to build compensation program enablement tools for managers and associates
- Facilitate senior management promotions process with the Corporate Leadership team; partner and enable compensation consultants to support the necessary processes within each of their organizations
- Research new regulatory and compliance requirements affecting compensation programs, create proposal and processes to comply, and work with the necessary parties to ensure long term compliance
- Liaise with payroll to ensure compensation requirements are captured
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of compensation experience at a global company
- Demonstrated experience with innovative compensation program design, including base pay and short-term incentives; experience with equity plus
- Experience consulting with team members and business leaders to scope program enhancements including education and change management materials and communications
- Comfortable operating in an open environment where transparency and constant feedback is expected
- Excellent analytical and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent presentation, communication and influence skills
- Consistent focus on delivery
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.