At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat’s Information Technology (IT) team is looking for a Senior Digital IT Business Consultant to join our Enterprise Architecture team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding Red Hat’s key business objectives, helping define and evolve related strategies and objectives, and architecting and being in charge of the implementation of enterprise-wide solutions that align to the resulting plans. You'll serve as a consultant for the development and effective integration of business and technology strategies, developing business solutions that meet the needs of Red Hat’s internal business partners. As a Senior Digital IT Business Consultant, you’ll need to partner with both business and technology stakeholders to ensure that the proposed solutions not only align with the company’s overall objectives, but also ensure both groups enable and guide each other to meet Red Hat’s corporate objectives.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work to integrate business and technology solutions to help stimulate the business
- Work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders in defining future-state business and technology architectures that take into account the future business goals and competing priorities
- Produce and determine the necessary artifacts and types of engagements that will result in meaningful business outcomes
- Participate in and be in charge of the realization of key strategic bodies of work
- Contribute to the continued elevation of the architectural consulting function at Red Hat
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 10+ years of experience in business consulting or architectural roles
- Experience defining and maintaining business and technical strategies and roadmaps
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills; ability to focus discussions and guide them toward decisions
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply past experience to see and understand where and how a change may negatively affect another area of the business
- Experience designing and facilitating workshops to promote motivational, strategic, and competitive initiatives and using the outputs to guide future-state designs and plans
- Ability to apply modern techniques like design thinking and storytelling to help create an alignment and a sense of urgency across the enterprise for the desired future-state
- Record of success optimizing and transforming key enterprise capabilities like enterprise resource planning (ERP) services with a focus on HR and finance and corporate performance management
- Ability to define architecture standards and anticipate where architecture standards may need to be developed in line with business partner, IT, and industry standards
- Experience with open source principles and communities
- Experience with the principles of agile development methodologies
- Ability to balance the need for speed and innovation with ensuring solid foundations
- Ability to work without direct supervision
The following are considered a plus:
- History of contributing back to consulting or architectural functions within and beyond employing organizations
- Experience using capability-based planning and prioritization techniques
- Familiarity with ArchiMate modeling language version 2.1 or 3
- Familiarity with industry standard architecture frameworks like TOGAF, Zachman, or DoDAF
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.