At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Global Renewals and Customer Retention team is looking for a Global Renewals Strategy Manager to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you’ll partner across organizations, locally and globally, with the opportunity and expectation to act as a global sales leader. You will guide segment based customer success strategies (around renewals, retention, and cross/up-sell), identify areas of net new opportunity and sub optimization, and build and guide comprehensive business plans to capture additional revenue opportunities and expense savings. Your role will be to partner with Sales, Finance, Product, and Marketing teams to further our strategic thinking around customers and renewals, and help future proof our business. Your success depends on your ability to collaborate with and influence your stakeholders to take action on intelligence and recommendations that you provide in this role.
Primary job responsibilities
- Align and guide renewals and customer success priorities among global and regional renewals teams, and global and regional sales leadership
- Lead localized, end to end solution opportunities around engagement touch points in our customer life cycle that help us guide growth within our existing customer base
- Collaborate with regions in implementing a renewals coverage model that integrates into the existing selling framework
- Partner with Sales, Global Finance, Marketing, BU, and Customer Experience leaders to ensure alignment and implementation of priorities
- Become familiar with, investigate, map and frame key challenges that are ripe for change in our current sales and customer engagement life cycle
- Identify and curate big, breakthrough ideas that create revenue and productivity generating opportunities
- Help modernize and redefine how this company thinks about renewals and our customers in an ever evolving landscape
- Support an integrated planning process with our sales and finance leaders to drive multiyear, strategic planning
- Help define and launch localized renewals and retention initiatives that lead to identification, implementation, and expansion of best practices
- Provide strategy support and consultation for key sales and partner leadership teams
- Identify net new opportunities and areas of sub optimization, and work cross-functionally to design and implement solutions
- Partner with data science and analytics teams to guide net new analysis requirements in support of your strategy and business model development
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a quantitative field; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of strategy experience
- 5-7 years of related professional experience in sales, marketing, strategy, or customer success
- Industry and subscription company experience; familiarity with renewals and consumption based business models
- Excellent relationship management, presentation, and influencing skills
- Advanced analytical and strategy skills, preferably with background in or exposure to data science
- Solid spreadsheet skills with proven experience managing large data sets and performing analysis
- Coachable, detail oriented team player who is focused and diligent on guiding and delivering results
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Demonstrated solid customer service, interpersonal and time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated enterprise leadership capabilities; experience in building management reports and investment plans for leadership teams
The following will be considered a plus:
- Experience with analytical tools like QlikView, Google Analytics, etc.
- Basic understanding of SalesForce.com and reporting in SalesForce.com
- Exposure to and understanding of data science techniques
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.