At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat OpenShift Quality Engineering team is seeking someone with a background in quality assurance to join us as a Quality Engineer. In this role, you will join a team that has the important task of serving as the last gate before applications are released to the public. You'll create test plans, research new features, and develop automated test scripts. You'll also perform acceptance, function, regression, integration, and performance testing on OpenShift products. This position is a great opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest engineers in the open source industry. We'll need you to have a passion and desire for testing, scripting, and examining how things work internally, as you'll be encouraged to create innovative solutions to problems.
Primary job responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of quality engineering for OpenShift, including designing test plans, extending existing automation frameworks, and developing new automated tests for both back-ends and front-ends
- Develop automation frameworks and scripts for automation testing
- Participate in the test planning and product planning processes
- Conduct new feature research and design test cases
- Carry out manual tests and deliver clear status for testing areas in a timely manner
- Document and advocate the resolution of new bugs with developers and communicate the impact on customers to developers and support teams
- Communicate with globally-dispersed OpenShift quality engineers and developers
- Bachelor's degree (US or foreign equivalent) in computer science, electronic or electrical engineering or a related field
- Three (3) years of experience in the job offered or in a related role
- Must have experience with: Globally distributed team; Agile development and testing methodologies; Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Fedora, including knowledge of Linux performance tools sar, pidstat, and turbostat; Java and JMeter; Bash and Ruby or Python; Virtualization and/or container technologies including: KVM, Xen, RHEV, AWS, GCE, and Docker; Communicating (both in writing and verbally) with development engineer
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.