At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat IT team is looking for a Principal Business Systems Analyst to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you’ll be expected to define, lead, and deliver large marketing technology programs and coordinate cross-functional project delivery across multiple departments and vendors. You will be responsible for program managing the processes associated with delivering technical solutions and processes for a global content management system (CMS) comprising of enterprise class infrastructure, including technologies like e-commerce, analytics, search engine optimization (SEO), on-site search, and front-end architecture. Specifically, you'll provide direction and leadership for the programs’ planning, design, development, testing, and implementation components of the software development life cycle. As a Principal Business Systems Analyst, you'll manage the delivery of large scale CMS, not limited to one work stream, as well as work with vendors and the business to ensure applications are delivered to the expectations of the business partners. This is an opportunity to lead the delivery of innovative solutions and affect organizational change through open source.
Primary job responsibilities
- Actively consult, deliver, and support IT services and software applications
- Manage the overall operational and technical aspects of the IT and business partner delivery team's program and project work
- Define technical requirements for developers and provide suggestions during the development stage that meet the customer's business needs
- Assume the responsibility and leadership for initiatives or modifications to existing business process and applications and implement potential new software solutions
- Provide guidance in the collection, evaluation, understanding, and communication of business requirements involved in developing new business solutions or modification of existing solutions
- Analyze current business processes, suggest improvements, and assist with technical requirements to create and refine user stories for the project backlog
- Assist change management teams in the creation of scripts to be used during user acceptance testing
- Ability to develop and provide oversight for business architecture models, business processes diagrams, data models, analyze business to technical requirements, gap analysis, and represent the program at required forums
- Conduct all project oversight to ensure schedule, cost, resource, and quality goals are achieved, including estimating, forecasting, risk management, communication, change management, and financial performance
- Provide multi-level presentations on program updates, project cycle, and expected results to company wide organizational senior leaders
- 7+ years of experience in business customer-facing role with consulting and business analysis experience
- Proficiency with different delivery methodologies, including agile (eg. Scrum, XP, Kanban, Iterative Dev, SAFE) and waterfall
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, facilitate discussion, motivate and inspire others, and mediate communication between groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding multi-level presentation skills in creation and delivery
- Motivated and highly organized, with the ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous work streams
- Ability to work at a senior level and prioritize tasks within a project to maximize efficiency
- Experience with software and application development (SDLC)
- Proficiency with business architecture modeling and understanding of enterprise architecture
- Bachelor's degree with professional certifications like PMI, ITIL, Six Sigma; master's degree, even in progress, is preferred
- Experience working with a global mindset, with practical experience working with a wide variety of situations from customers, vendors, IT and business teams, and end users
- Solid change and communication management experience and skills
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.