At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat OpenShift team is looking for an OpenShift Data Analyst to join us. In this role, you will need solid analytical skills, business and pricing experience, and initiative to achieve significant impact on our business. You’ll work among product, marketing, sales specialist, and business operations teams to guide our portfolio of businesses. You’ll build a complete plan, get directly involved, and get things done. As an OpenShift Data Strategist, you will work in a contributor position, helping the OpenShift by Red Hat team with growing the portfolio of OpenShift by Red Hat offerings. The role can be located in Raleigh, NC, Westford, MA, Boston, MA, or Sunnyvale CA.
Primary job responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Product Management teams on introducing new pricing models, model pricing changes, and pricing impact due to new feature and offering launches; analyze pricing changes after rollout
- Work with both the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and Red Hat OpenShift Online customer lists to analyze for key trends, usage levels, and other metrics to provide valuable feedback to sales specialist and generalist teams
- Work on product data analytics with product managers to tie feature and offering adoption and usage to business value; work with the Product Marketing team to update total cost of ownership (TCO), ROI, and other tools
- Work on pricing strategy, impact, and analysis across the OpenShift by Red Hat portfolio
- Assist building consumption-based pricing models and cloud pricing across the OpenShift by Red Hat portfolio
- Work with the OpenShift Partner team to understand partner business opportunities, analyze co-sell, referral, and other revenue models; build partner metrics and track partner KPIs
- Prepare customer dashboards, on usage, bug count, growth, and other key performance indicators
- Build and maintain Business team dashboards showing KPI trends and variances (plan vs. actuals) and run ad hoc analysis when anomalies are noted
- Serve as key business partner for reporting and both short-term and long-term business planning for executive Quarterly Business Reviews
- Bachelor's degree in analytics, business, or a related field
- 5+ years of business analyst, business consulting, and pricing experience in the high-tech industry
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization with analytics tools
- Clear understanding of cloud and other emerging technologies and pricing models
- Good written and presentation skills to translate detailed content into impactful go-to-market (GTM) materials, including web, email, and social media content; good listener
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results working cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and product teams
- Ability to maintain focus on customers and attention to detail
- Persistent and resourceful
- Goal-oriented and collaborative with the ability to take initiative and deliver projects without direct supervision
- Solid project management, planning, and organizational skills
- Background in software engineering or business and strategy consulting is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.