At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat's Marketing Communications team is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will support marketing, communications, and promotional goals for Red Hat’s global event presence within the technology industry. You’ll lead strategies for audience acquisition, guide event communication goals in line with organizational objectives, and conduct industry research on event marketing and social media best practices. This is a great opportunity to become part of a cross-functional team responsible for many aspects of Red Hat's experiential marketing.
Primary job responsibilities
- Report on key performance metrics to identify the most successful channels and make continual iterations to the plan designed to guide the development of the pipeline
- Conduct promotions beyond email marketing to enhance audience registration (website, social media, third-party promotions, etc.)
- Develop, track, and monitor event progression of leads and revenue goals
- Clearly communicate event objectives and project status to relevant parties
- Establish pre- and post-event marketing campaigns
- Partner with marketing and sales leadership on the management of reverse logistics-specific marketing programs including strategic direction, creation, implementation, goal development, and measurement
- Identify the target audience content needs through market research and buyer persona development
- Identify, promote, and distribute content to attract leads and establish effective conversion paths
- Collaborate with sales leadership and their teams on the objectives and results of marketing programs and campaigns
- Partner with the marketing and brand teams to develop and carry out cross-channel, strategic marketing plans and programs including PR, events, social, web, email, and other channels
- Knowledge of key elements of marketing campaigns including paid media (PPC, display, social paid, CPM, etc.), conversion rate optimization, search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, and digital analytics
- Lead the strategy and implementation of events microsite on the Red Hat’s content management system (Drupal)
- Experience strategizing with executive-level teams
- Highly innovative and motivated with solid business insight
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks at once, and be very flexible in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Creative thinker with the ability to continually contribute ideas to brainstorming sessions
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding follow-through skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel up to 30%; availability to participate in occasional evening and weekend events or meetings
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.