At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for an Inside Sales Manager to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will manage a team of associates who develop and carry out sales plans within the region. You'll train, evaluate, and coach team members to interact with potential clients via email, phone, and in person, and gain an understanding of the business solutions clients look for. As an Inside Sales Manager, you'll also mentor your team and motivate them to promote Red Hat solutions and services while ensuring that established metrics are met.
Primary job responsibilities
- Mentor, train, and coach representatives on prospecting, sales methodology, and closing
- Plan sales programs to achieve key business objectives
- Reach targeted sales goals through effective management of daily operations of the sales force, pipeline management, and accurate forecasting
- Analyze various sales reports to project sales and establish quotas
- Establish the goals and objectives of your team, assign tasks, and review work
- Participate in and close key opportunities with sales representatives
- Meet with customers face to face in the field and coach representatives on deal strategy
- 5+ years of inside sales management experience, or basic management experience in a sales environment
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant training
- Field experience carrying your own quota; understanding of sales methodology, big deal positioning, and closing
- Experience managing sales groups to achieve goals; ability to distribute team’s workload
- Ability to interact with cross-functional teams, customers, and peer managers
- Experience managing a team with responsibility for results, cost, methods, and staffing
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to translate business objectives into clear action items
- Understanding of the company's vision and mission, with the ability to directly apply methods and plans to accomplish sales goals
- Experience training, and coaching representatives on prospecting, lead process, and pipeline creation
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.