At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat IT team is looking for an IT Support Engineer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will provide highly visible customer support by performing on-site installation and by overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, services, and repairs of complex equipment and systems. You’ll check out and approve operational quality of system equipment and instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. As an IT Support Engineer, you will serve as a point of contact with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. You’ll interpret customer needs and clarify if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support representatives, or engineers. You may be asked to perform any aspect of field support, including system hardware and software, PCs, networking, and wireless networking.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide in-office IT support for Red Hat associates with the following:
- Laptop operating system (OS) or image Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Customer Service Bulletin (CSB) standard Linux OS and software build, provisioning, issuing laptops to end users, troubleshooting, etc.
- Standard Linux OS, Mac OS, and Microsoft Windows
- Laptop hardware troubleshooting
- Hardware breakdown issues that can be addressed locally
- Ensuring customer record issues within incident management system
- Recording each call and support activity in the Red Hat ticketing system
- Provide infrastructure IT support that may include following items:
- Conference and meeting room support and maintenance
- Set up, help, and break-fix all audiovisual equipment
- Support and maintenance of office multi-function displays (MFDs)
- Support, maintenance, and break-fix for all office printers, scanners, and fax machines
- Basic server room infrastructure support that involves rack and stack servers, routes, switches, PDU's, environment monitors, sensors, and other accessories
- Physical resets, checks, and changes of above items whenever needed
- Setup, configuration, and support for desk phones
- Physical patching where required
- Testing of phones where required
- Support for data network requests
- Basic physical network patching in server rooms and at the user end
- Troubleshooting skills on Linux, Mac, and Windows
- Technical knowledge of a variety of audiovisual systems
- Excellent customer service attitude and communication skills
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.