At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Information Technology (IT) team is looking for an experienced IT Service Management Process Owner to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be accountable for IT service management (ITSM) processes including catalog management, request management, incident management, and problem management. You’ll design, facilitate, and enhance service management processes within the Red Hat Service Management program, applying industry best practices to support IT service managers. You’ll be accountable and responsible for all process service support and process service delivery actions taken to ensure they meet Red Hat’s business needs and service management requirements. As an IT Service Management Process Owner, you will be in charge of the development, implementation, sustaining, and continuous improvement of ITSM processes, as well as of establishing, measuring, and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to services, processes, operations, and delivery.
Primary job responsibilities
- Oversee development of ITSM-based management processes and controls including design and documentation
- Serve as a team lead for business analysts and process engineers to improve and manage service management processes
- Champion IT service efforts to ensure quality is maintained in order to meet business objectives
- Work with the Change Management Process Manager to integrate ITSM process into the platform
- Schedule, plan, and communicate all business and IT-related changes to service delivery processes
- Oversee the process of handling of urgent incidents (major incident management) and work with Support and Operations teams to provide oversight to guide root cause determination (problem management)
- Create reporting and governance to work with Support and Operations teams to review problem trends and take actions to identify problems and remove errors
- Maintain awareness of current architectures and reference and data models to understand and evaluate potential updates to configuration management database
- Develop analytic and visual presentation strategies to ensure configuration and availability data is conveyed in meaningful and interpretive formats for all audience levels
- Work with Service Delivery teams to assess efficiency and effectiveness of the incident and request activities
- Report service and process quality to the ITSM Service Owner using scorecards and KPI metrics
- Support audit activities related to the ITSM processes
- 3+ years of experience ITSM process ownership
- Experience leading catalog, request, incident, change, problem, and knowledge management activities
- Experience in providing enterprise IT services, including implementation of ITIL best practices
- Familiarity with ServiceNow and other ITSM tools
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems (MIS), or engineering.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Level Certification or better and experience managing programs within the ITIL framework
- Demonstrated success improving, optimizing, standardizing, and streamlining customer support processes that yielded improvements in customer satisfaction and resulted in cost reductions
- Solid leadership qualities and facilitation skills with the ability to lead service delivery teams through assessment and mitigation activities
- Detailed understanding of the impact of change and interdependencies on the business and IT projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire associates across the organization
- Solid organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Relevant industry certifications (ITIL, etc.)
- Familiarity with service desk and support best practices
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.