At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Global Business Finance team is looking for a Global Sales Performance Analyst to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will perform sales and finance analysis in support of the Sales Financial Planning and Analytics team. You’ll focus on reporting and analysis, forecasting, supporting investment planning, and operational streamlining, all in support of global decision-making. You'll interact frequently with key leadership in the Sales, Sales Operations, Product, Marketing, and IT teams from across the globe. This is a great opportunity to improve your quantitative analysis skills and develop well-rounded business knowledge by working with experienced senior leadership on impactful and far-reaching projects. As a Global Sales Performance Analyst, you’ll need to have good collaboration skills and the ability to communicate with stakeholders effectively, resulting in them taking actions based on your recommendations.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide analytical support and consultation for key global and regional sales leadership teams
- Develop reports and metrics to measure success of global sales initiatives
- Provide global leadership across diverse functional areas like forecasting, renewals, and other business functions
- Work closely with shared services analysis teams in India to promote net-new analysis requirements and facilitate development of reporting and insights
- Contribute to data cleansing activities to ensure sales data is consistent and accurate for management reporting; train and transition these items to shared services data teams
- Streamline current reporting processes around weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales reporting and forecasting
- Design and manage reports, analyses, forecasts, and dashboards in Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a quantitative field; MBA is a plus
- Good relationship management skills
- 3-5 years of related professional experience
- Solid spreadsheet skills with proven experience managing large data sets and performing analysis
- Previous experience in programming, scripting, or writing database SQL code
- Good understanding of using and reporting in SFDC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Familiarity with analytical tools like Qlikview, R, or SAS Visual Analytics
- Experience using at least one data mining tool, e.g., BusinessObjects (BOBJ) or SAS
- Ready to consistently work extended hours during periods of high demand like quarter or year end; this may include weekends
- Coachable and detail-oriented; ability to work as part of a team and focus on delivering results
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.