At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Accounting team is looking for a Global Accounting Process Analyst to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring accounting integrity and operational process effectiveness for many aspects of Red Hat’s financial statements, including global fixed assets and lease accounting. You’ll oversee fluctuation analysis, key performance indicators (KPIs), and communication with the business to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies. Your success as a Global Accounting Process Analyst will be measured by the accuracy of the financial results and the development of scalable accounting processes to ensure a timely and accurate month-end close.
Primary job responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of global fixed asset accounting including operational process, analysis, and reporting
- Own operational process design for lease accounting and reporting
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to foresee potential accounting issues and recommend practical solutions associated with contemplated business transactions
- Define and establish consistent end-to-end process KPIs and targets
- Seek innovative solutions and opportunities to improve process performance and promote business value
- Mitigate risks and resolve escalated issues
- Create a seamless and positive customer experience; this involves continuously seeking and acting on feedback from customers on the end-to-end process
- Define and maintain certain accounting policies and procedures
- Guide continuous process improvement to further leverage financial systems and ensure global consistency
- Work productively and collaboratively with business partners to improve accuracy and timeliness of inputs for key financial processes
- Interface effectively with numerous individuals both internally and externally, including the external auditors and external system vendors, to address and resolve accounting and system issues
- Partner with the business to improve existing processes for Customer Rebates and Marketing (MDF) programs
- Compile and provide monthly global balance sheet and profit and loss (P&L) fluctuation analysis to the accounting leadership team
- Provide various securities and exchange (SEC) reporting schedules
- Be in charge of or assist with various special projects within the Accounting team
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; master’s degree is a plus
- Demonstrated solid operational accounting experience, in particular around fixed asset, lease, and general ledger accounting
- Solid process management skills with the ability to define and implement process and continuous process improvement
- Ability to manage a complex process that crosses many teams and geographies
- Superior analytical skills; detail orientated with the ability to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Result-oriented with initiative and sense of personal accountability
- Solid interpersonal skills and a proven record of working with diverse teams
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions (M&A) is a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a CPA candidate is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.