At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Front End Developer to join our User Experience Design team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will provide front-end development to support the user experience (UX) vision of our interaction designers by working on the user interface (UI). You'll need to be creative, motivated, skilled in building web applications, and able to work in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with UX designers to bring UI designs from concept to implementation through rapid prototyping and evaluation of design ideas
- Work with the development teams to gather information about system APIs and help shape the data that is available for UI consumption
- Be precise when designing details to ensure a clean and clear experience for users through implementation of subtle interactions and affordances
- Work closely with designers during brainstorming, design reviews, and iteration of UI improvement
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a technology-related discipline
- Ability to create robust web applications from visual concepts, wireframes, and interactive design sessions
- Considerable experience with testing frameworks like Karma, Jasmine, and JSUnit
- Experience with modern CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Familiarity with emerging web standards like Web Components
- Familiarity with back end technologies like Node.js or server-side Java (SSJ)
- Great communication and collaboration skills; good attention to detail
- Please provide a portfolio of UI development work with links in your resume
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with development tools like Git, webpack, and gulp.js
- Experience with agile development and open source projects
- Familiarity with environment configuration tooling such as Vagrant or Docker
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.