Pendo is one of Raleigh's fastest growing companies focused on creating products that increase user engagement. We were founded in 2013 by former product owners and engineers from companies like Rally, Google, Cisco, and Red Hat.
We learned that understanding how your customers use your products and helping them be effective is an expensive and time-consuming task. Pendo solves this.
We are a well funded early stage startup based in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. We are product people building a product for other product people. Our culture is passionate, fast paced, and fun!
As a Business Development Representative at Pendo, you will be responsible for generating new and high-quality pipeline for one of our sales territories. Using a comprehensive sales technology suite, you will engage daily in strategic research of the SaaS/Web Application space to determine the best companies and personas for engagement with Pendo’s product. You will work directly with your territory’s Account Executives to produce and deliver effective outreaches through channels such as phone calls, emailing, direct mailers, social media and events/networking. This role will serve as hands-on training as you transition to be a sales executive at Pendo. You will become an expert on Pendo’s platform, a wizard of the SaaS industry and its main players, and a master of sales strategy and technique. Every day you will be challenged by smart and driven teammates to learn and understand the sales process, as well as one of the most innovative platforms in the market.
What you will do
- Generate new, high-quality sales demos to be completed by Account Executives
- Meet all key performance metrics and goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- Research and target exciting new SaaS companies
- Use all available sales data to recognize trends and drive outreach decisions
- Create successful cold calling and email campaigns targeting new prospects
- Learn and demonstrate the Pendo platform to prospective customers
- Manage free trial implementations and work with sales engineers to troubleshoot issues
- Gain proficiency in SalesForce.com data logging
- Periodically travel to territory events to meet existing prospects, provide face to face product demos, and generate new pipeline
- Work with a close-knit team of talented sales experts who will challenge you and support you in your professional growth
- 4-year college degree
- 1-2 years of sales experience/lead generation preferred
- Internal motivation and drive to succeed in a goal-driven position
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced sales environment
- Ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable
- Eagerness to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations
- Belligerent confidence and relentless curiosity
- Hard worker with a strong sense of urgency
- Team Player and FUN to work with!
- Health, dental, and vision benefits (covered day 1 of employment)
- 401K (contribution option)
- Lunch and Learns every Thursday (Free Lunch!)
- Open vacation policy
- Company Equity
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
- Office located in the heart of downtown Raleigh
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- No Agencies Please!
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.