Work on database solutions to support the data needs of several applications used by Fidelity's Asset Management business. If you have a passion for working with data, building innovative solutions, optimizing performance and learning the domain, this might be the right opportunity for you !
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Proven track record of excellent program leadership skills in complex inter-related or technically oriented programs
- Financial Services experience and led software development initiatives
- Oracle PL/SQL, Informatica and Agile certifications are a plus
The Purpose of Your Role
The Senior Manager of Software Engineering is a technical role with management responsibilities. You are accountable for Product delivery by empowering a team of data engineers and providing transparency of progress towards the product goals. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment furthering the Product Line strategies and implementing Data Organizations functional goals.
The Skills You Bring
- You are seasoned manager with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills who is comfortable to collaborate with business and technology partners.
- You have expert knowledge in project management methodologies using agile approaches like scrum and Kanban.
- You are technically adept in guiding teams to excel in engineering and build quality data solutions.
The Value You Deliver
- Leads and is responsible for overall program success through Program Planning / Tracking, Status Reporting, Preparing for Executive Steering Committee meetings, Issue Management / Escalation / Resolution, Change Control, Quality Control, Risk Management, Financial and Resource Management
- Defining and implementing engineering best practices for the product line
- Improving the quality of data, test automation and reducing the technical debt associated with the products
- Improving the speed to market by contributing and adopting reusable Data APIs
- Leading effective lessons learned and continuous improvement efforts at the program level
- Building solutions that align with
- Performing duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of goals and provide work direction to other staff
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Asset Management Technology provides worldwide technology and support to all the Portfolio Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. Asset Management Technology is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enables the business to achieve competitive advantage globally.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer