DZone makes software and content to help professional software developers connect, collaborate, and learn. Our website, DZone.com, is one of the web's largest communities for experienced software developers, with over 1 million registered members.
DZone is seeking a Director of Media Sales to join us in Cary, North Carolina. As Sales Director, you will be responsible for managing a team of Account Executives and Account Managders to meet and exceed corporate growth objectives. This is a highly visible role that gives you the opportunity to exercise situational leadership, develop a team of reps and be an integral part in the growth and success of DZone's software unit! As a sales director, it’s your responsibility to define, measure and reinforce best sales practices by researching trends, staying up to date with competition and anticipating the company’s needs. With a team of sales reps, you will set the tone for competitive nature, resilience and an emphasis on customer success.
Every interaction is an opportunity to delight and guide our customers in how they can best use DZone products to improve how their organization creates communities for their developers. We are looking for candidates with a lively spirit, strong work ethic, and positive attitude to join our team.
What you will be doing most of the time
- Lead and manage your team of Account Executives to close new business and renewals through outbound activities, inbound leads, and working as a player coach to ensure the team meets its growth targets.
- Ensure we have the right structure for the sales teams along with the right people and compensation plans
- Increase the competencies across the sales team by working directly with individuals and training the team on best practices for SaaS software sales
- Participate in senior leadership discussions to provide input on corporate direction and ensure that we stay informed on best practices for optimal revenue growth
- Achieving growth and achieving/exceeding revenue targets by successfully managing the sales team as a player coach
- Owning recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Driving sales revenues, realistic forecasts, enablement criteria
- Building and promoting strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Define, measure and reinforce sales metrics, goals and best practices
- Collaborate with other managers on the Software Leadership Team in order to develop and evolve sales tactics
- Highly motivated & driven to deliver results that meet & exceed goals
- Sales Management Experience with 3+ years prior sales experience selling Enterprise SaaS Software, Digital Media/Advertising, Recruiting, or similar
- Experience in managing a sales team in a fast-paced, high- volume, outbound and inbound selling environment
- The ability to create, set and manage a strategic plan for your sales team and how it works with all supporting teams
- Knowledge of how to use metrics and data as a way to support effective sales behavior as well as the health of the sales performance of your team
- Passion for improving global standards for customer satisfaction; desire to maintain a customer focus
- Proven success managing a team comprised of varying levels of professionalism and experience; Proven models for coaching and development of your team
- Ability to help support and direct the overall sales plan and strategy, including team structure and outbounding strategies
- Experience with Salesforce.com processes and reporting
Working for DZone
At DZone, “developer” is in our DNA. Our products and services are specifically focused on building and supporting great online communities for software developers to learn and share knoweldge. Our platform, AnswerHub, is used by the world’s largest development organizations to give both internal developers and partners a place to share technical knowledge. Our web property, DZone.com, is home to one of the world’s largest online communities for developers.
We’re growing fast, but we are determined that each and every person has the opportunity to make a difference for our company and our customers each and every day. We encourage creativity and collaboration, and thrive on continuous improvement. We hire purposefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity and adaptability.
DZone has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for 3 years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth. We are headquartered in Cary, NC at the corner of High House and Cary Parkway with views of the Prestonwood golf course.
Every DZone employees enjoys the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans for you and your family
- 401k with 4% employer match, FSA and pre-tax Healthcare plans
- Flexible time off
- Open work environment
- Quarterly outings and team building events