Automated Insights (Ai) is the creator of Wordsmith, the natural language generation (NLG) software that turns structured data into narratives that are indistinguishable from human-written content. This automated content can be used for important communication with customers, external publishing, or internal monitoring and knowledge sharing—all at a scale that would be impossible with manual efforts alone. In 2016, our Wordsmith platform turned raw data into 1.5 billion written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
At Automated Insights, we are dedicated to treating all Ai-ers with respect, dignity, autonomy, and generosity and creating a best-in-career work experience for every employee. Our core values include “Enjoy the Journey”, “Choose to be Positive” and “No Jerks”. We know a strong company culture is a competitive advantage, and we're recognized for it. Automated Insights has been named a Best Place to Work in the Triangle five out of the last six years, and we're proud to have created an environment that empowers our team to do their best work.
We're looking to add to our team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Content Architects to turn massive data sets into professionally-written automated stories using our custom content development platform. Your work may be read by millions of readers on a regular basis, and you’ll play a role in advancing the science of Natural Language Generation to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with our Implementation and Business Development teams to find and build creative and innovative Natural Language Generation solutions
- Interact directly with existing customers to understand their business requirements and translate them to Wordsmith
- Perform and interpret data studies and product experiments, develop prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and potential product features
- Develop new ways to improve the quality, flexibility, performance, and user experience of our product line
- Compete against colleagues in ping pong, Smash Brothers, or buffalo wing eating while changing the way the world writes
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO
- Have 2+ years professional experience in a technical role
- Are familiar with the software development lifecycle and programming concepts, especially as it pertains to working in a startup environment
- Exemplary written communication skills with established experience writing and editing
- Strong technical skills in data-driven thinking; ability to analyze data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions
- Bonus if you have working knowledge of statistical analysis and statistical research methods
- Enjoy working with others in a team environment #NoJerks
Automated Insights is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
No recruiters, please. We respect your hustle, but please don’t contact us. We do not work with outside firms.