We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
The Sr. Sales Engineer is responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training & enablement. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Assists in developing business value propositions around ShareFile’s product and solutions. Drives sales with technical expertise, account management skills, sales ability and a superior customer focus. Participates as part of a sales team to achieve or exceed revenue targets.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- As an experienced professional in the field, uses professional concepts in providing primarily pre-sales technical support for the technical sales process of ShareFile’s product.
- Provides a role within the sales teams in assessing potential application of ShareFile’s software to meet customer’s business needs.
- Leverages product knowledge, in their area of focus, to provide technical expertise to the ShareFile sales team CSAs/SI and customer through customer needs, overcome objections, Technical sales presentations; product demonstrations; product proof of concepts, and technically close deals.
- Participates in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process.
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization.
- Responsible for the many of the aspects of the technical sales process
- Ability to leverage and maximize CSA/CSBA/SI/ISV partners as the fulfillment channel while working with ShareFile end user accounts on IT initiatives.
- Establish relationships and engage with the technical personnel to identify opportunities and sell ShareFile’s product and services.
- Conduct product demonstrations and technical presentations remotely or at customer locations/Citrix facilities on ShareFile products value proposition
- Provide regular and efficient updates on assigned accounts to sales engineering management.
- Ensure accurate and timely activity and issue updates in SalesForce.com and reporting to management
- Create and deliver technical product presentations and/or training sessions to channel partners and customers
- Ability to apply a thorough understanding of ShareFile’s product required
- Experienced ability to motivate, train and conduct seminars to drive mind share within CSA partners to increase ShareFile revenues within assigned territory
- Has the ability to maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization.
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals.
- Able to articulate and understand the customer strategy and ShareFile solution strategy to a technical level of detail for their technical area of focus.
- Ability to diffuse complicated technical and political situations with partners and customers.
- Must be flexible, dependable, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies.
- The individual should be able to apply a thorough understanding of one of the following areas of focus:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Exhibits a positive attitude, represents ShareFile to business partners and customers in the best possible fashion, and fosters interest in our offerings
- Prioritizes and manages a number of diverse tasks
- Completes paperwork and uses internal ShareFile account management applications in a timely fashion (expenses, CRM entries, feedback questionnaires)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Strong work ethic, attitude and follow through ability
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including Corporate HQ
- Possesses high level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 - 8 years plus years prior sales engineering experience in a high tech environment in an indirect sales and procurement environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
- Ability to travel within assigned territory
- Knowledge of technology concepts like SAML, MAM/MDM, EFSS, Document Management, Authentication
- Knowledge of complementary hardware and software solutions like Windows Server, ADFS, XenApp/XenDesktop, XenMobile and NetScaler
- Relevant certifications around mobility, security and Microsoft platforms are considered a plus
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Requisition Number: R6644