Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. ChannelAdvisor (NYSE: ECOM) is a leading provider of cloud-based e-commerce solutions that enable retailers and manufacturers to integrate, manage and optimize their merchandise sales across hundreds of online channels including Amazon, Google, eBay, Facebook and more. Through automation, analytics and optimization, ChannelAdvisor customers can leverage a single inventory feed to more efficiently list and advertise products online, and connect with shoppers to increase sales. Billions of dollars in online sales are driven through ChannelAdvisor’s platform every year, and thousands of customers use ChannelAdvisor’s solutions to help grow their businesses.
The HR Operations + Compensation Lead partners with Chief People Officer (CPO), Director of Global Compensation/HR Operations/Development, and the HR Operations Team, to help administer the strategic direction of Global Compensation and HR Operations at ChannelAdvisor. This role participates in and manages aspects of compensation programs to ensure alignment with company goals and competitive practices. The HR Operations + Compensation Lead will help develop and coach the HR Operations team to the desired skills and competencies levels. This role will also be the prime lead on the HR Operations Process Documentation Project, be an active player on the Bonus/Equity Project, and run the Merit/Equity Cycle Project for ChannelAdvisor.
HR Operations (40%)
- Oversees and consults on routine and nonroutine (as needed) global HR operations inquiries.
- Assists with preparation of data for required compliance reports and submissions.
- Works with HR management team and Business Process Management team to coordinate, review and edit HR policies, ensuring functional experts are appropriately engaged and contributing timely content.
- Monitors employee classifications to ensure compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) guidelines.
- Manages our global mobility and immigration processes.
- With the HR Business analyst, monitors labor hours reporting, delivering quarterly reports and identifying potential risks for HR management team.
- Provides Audit checks, coaching, and feedback on work produced by the HR operations team.
- Serves as back-up to metrics and analytics processes and HRIS relationships with vendors.
- Manages the administration, monitoring and communication of global compensation programs.
- Ensures compliance related to global compensation regulations, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Equal Pay Act, American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Lilly Ledbetter Act, etc.
- Develops pay recommendations, in partnership with HR Business Analyst & Talent Acquisition, to maintain internal equity and external competitiveness and to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Provides on-going compensation consulting services such as job evaluation, external market pricing and policy interpretation.
- Project manages, supports and helps administer the Merit/Equity cycle.
- Coordinates with Talent Acquisition in preparing detailed job descriptions and classification systems for new positions and defines job levels and families, in partnership with hiring managers.
- Identifies, completes, and analyzes compensation surveys annually, making recommendations to the HR Leadership team.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or related field and at least 12 years of progressively responsible experience in Global HR, HRIS and compensation administration, or Master’s Degree and at least 10 years similar experience.
Some supervisory experience is a plus.
In depth knowledge of global regulatory compliance and controls; demonstrated experience ensuring employer compliance with global regulations related to compensation and employment practices.
Demonstrated self-initiative, drive, ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure. Outstanding analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience interacting effectively with top management.
Team player with the ability to be proactive, responsive and customer focused with demonstrated experience effectively collaborating cross-functionally and departmentally.
Ability to effectively delegate, coach and develop others.
Ability to handle confidential information with extreme discretion.
Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
ChannelAdvisor offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics.