The Executive Assistant to the CEO will provide comprehensive executive support services to the CEO that ensures a professional, responsive, and effective experience with the organization and will support communication across the leadership team, make international and domestic travel arrangements, manage calendars, schedule and coordinate meetings, prepare reports, and provide various other administrative duties as needed. The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail. The person in this role will work on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Provide sophisticated calendar management; prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; makes judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day to day engagements
- Provide complex travel arrangements; become familiar with the specific, detailed needs of the CEO and travel partners; creates consistent travel itinerary portfolios for reference and be available during travel times to quickly address any last-minute changes or cancellations
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO including those of a sensitive or confidential nature and determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between CEO’s office and internal departments demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff
- Work closely and effectively with CEO to keep him well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately; acting as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Assist with managing personal calendar/items (e.g. scheduling haircuts, kids’ sporting events, etc.) as needed
- Ability to represent the CEO internally and externally with professionalism
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners
- Displays excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with external stakeholders, vendors, and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Proven ability to provide systematic and dependable follow up, as well as high level of organization and preparedness
- Ability to respectfully take direction from the CEO
- High-energy, positive attitude, ability to operate calmly under stress
- Willingness to assist with CEO’s personal tasks/obligations, including occasional errands
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision making capability
- On-call availability to assist with last-minute travel plan changes etc.
ChannelAdvisor offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics.