Account Managers are responsible for owning the relationships with our key clients, with a core focus on customer retention and growth. The successful candidate will have a consultative and analytical approach in gaining a strong understanding of our clients’ goals to ensure product and service alignment and that their goals are being met and exceeded. The Account Manager will also monitor market and industry trends, communicate relevant trends and product developments to our clients, and offer guidance to assist with clients' e-commerce strategy development.
- Nurture and develop strong relationships with customers through ongoing and proactive communication, ensuring customer satisfaction and high renewal and retention rates.
- Understand clients key goals and objectives, manage expectations and drive strategic goal alignment.
- Identify key contacts, decision makers, and executives for each account and maintain regular, consistent communication and on-site visits in a proactive capacity.
- Ensure high levels of client retention and minimum churn by actively monitoring potential risk.
- Develop a deep understanding of all ChannelAdvisor products and ensure that accounts are utilizing all the appropriate features in the ChannelAdvisor Complete software.
- Effectively manage contract renewals and re-negotiations.
- Up-sell and cross-sell appropriate features and products.
- Keep up to date with market changes and product developments and communicating this to clients with the impact to their business and suggested recommendations.
- Effectively work alongside other departments - including sales, finance, product, and support - to ensure client success and that all work is carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Deliver client feedback to appropriate departments.
- Share knowledge, tools, and techniques within the team and be a resource to junior members.
- BS or BA degree required
- Minimum 2 years in Account Management
- Experience working with and providing strategic advice and direction to Director and Executive-level contacts
- Ability to understand the client’s business and what drives decision making.
- Expert level presentation and relationship building skills.
- Exceptional time management and organization.
- Top-notch communication and negotiation skills, and ability to overcome objections.
- Self-starting attitude and passion to succeed, while also being a team player and role model to other team members.
- A strong customer service orientation and the ability to form long-term customer relationships.
- Proficiency using Excel and MS Office applications.
- E-commerce and/or SaaS experience strongly preferred.
- Previous Salesforce experience is an additional plus.
- Previous experience in online retail, marketplaces, or digital marketing is a plus.
- Travel requirement is approximately 15-20%.
What we offer you:
- A solid business model with happy customers and a state-of-the-art product.
- An international and professional team.
- A place for you to implement your own ideas and the opportunity to take on responsibility.
- Challenging position at the global leader of e-commerce solutions.
- A competitive salary and a brand new, modern office in Morrisville.
ChannelAdvisor offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics.