Bandwidth’s Billing and Collections Team is responsible for ensuring Business Solutions customers receive accurate and timely invoices and provide timely payment. The Collection Specialist I would be responsible for improving customer payment collections by improving current processes and building account knowledge and relationships.
- Monitor and track customer accounts. Work with customers to ensure payment is received on or before invoice due date by building positive relationships through professional phone contact and email.
- Responsible for account collections, account reconciliation, monitoring customer delinquency, account research, dispute resolution, and maintaining contact/resolution notes.
- Reporting including tracking of daily collections status, account aging reports, and monthly reviews and projections.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Interface with Bandwidth leadership to effectively communicate status, define critical issues & impacts, design mitigation plans, and articulate / drive required decisions.
- Previous collections experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- General accounting and financial reporting as it applies to the billing/collection function.
- Salesforce, Netsuite or Zendesk experience
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Why Work at Bandwidth?
At Bandwidth, we've made a business out of disrupting the "old rules" of the telecom industry. We think like a software company; but with deep telecom knowledge. We're the voice network behind innovative brands like Google Voice, Skype, and Pinger.
- The Whole Person Promise: We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and BCBS Health Services available for 24/7 personal support if needed.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. Onsite cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.