Automated Insights is the world leader in Natural Language Generation technology. In 2016, our Wordsmith platform turned raw data into 1.5 billion pieces of content - and we’re just getting started. Crucial to Wordsmith’s success is our Labs team: a group of independent thinkers and relentless creators working to build the next generation of natural language and automated data analysis technology.
The Labs team is looking for a data scientist with a knack for turning long-term product goals into concrete results with a combination of creative and technical problem-solving skills.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize and prototype new tools that help our customers and your coworkers do their jobs better.
- Collaborate with developers and other stakeholders to get your ideas working in production.
- Work with other Labs team members and company leadership to define long-term product end-states.
- Set short-term goals that bring those end-states closer to reality.
- Be a member of the larger data science community by sharing your work at conferences and on our tech blog.
We're looking for people who:
- Have 2+ years of work experience in a technical role.
- Know how to write production-quality code using the right tools for the job, whether that means the PyData stack, the tidyverse, or a time-tested compiled language.
- Have experience using machine learning to solve real-world problems, but the wisdom to not see every problem as a nail in search of a hammer.
- Are lifelong learners who are excited to tackle problems they haven't seen before.
Bonus points if you have:
- A background in academic or industrial research.
- An MS or PhD in computer science, math, or a related, math-heavy discipline.
- Familiarity with the state-of-the-art in natural language technology.
No recruiters, please. We respect your hustle, but please don’t contact us. We do not work with outside firms.