Alphanumeric is hiring a Service Desk Analyst to work onsite at our corporate locations in Raleigh.
Paid training is provided.
Shift is weekends (Friday - Monday) 6:00 am to 5:00 pm with an hour for lunch
Reporting to the ITS Team Lead/Manager, primary responsibilities are:
- Provide polite and professional support to external customers and clients at all times.
- Receive, document and track all incoming customer/user calls for immediate remedy and closure.
- Accountable for your own personal performance in regards to metrics and serve as the single point of contact (SPOC) for incidents, including owning the call through closure.
This role may support multiple clients within a call center environment
- Provide timely IT service desk support to contracted clients
- Use defined procedures for responding to customer calls
- Collect information from caller and document data elements in designated tool
- Maintain records of all calls from customers using designated Service Management tool
- Provide detailed documentation of all steps involved in resolving customer issues
- Escalate issues to the appropriate department and personnel
- Investigate, examine, troubleshoot and solve hardware and software issues quickly
- Maintain a pleasant demeanor and attitude in the day-to-day communication and interface with customers
- Provide support and instruction for client products
- Perform all procedures based on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) with associated testing
- Update knowledge base for all clients
- Unlock and reset passwords for user accounts
- Resolve issues for clients using designated remote access tool
- Ability to have flexible schedule to assist in responding to emergency support issues and situations
- Other duties as assigned
- Arrive in time to be ready to begin work at start of scheduled shift
- Maintain clear and concise communication with both the client and supervisor
- Report any issues to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Keep calls to a minimum (if possible) to allow for timely closure and avoid delays
- Work entire shift without any unjustified interruptions
- Perform any extra duties that may arise requiring attention
- Must be flexible with schedule as overtime is sometimes required
Required Technical Skills:
- A+ certification or equivalent experience with a Geek Squad or European Equivalent
- High proficiency in Windows and MS Office Suite applications
- Solid computer keyboarding, multiple monitor and touchpad skills
- General understanding of various software and hardware
Required Soft Skills:
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Native level fluency in designated language
- Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to adjust and adapt to situations in a timely manner
- Motivated self-starter, proactive with initiative to work and learn
Required Education and Experience:
Computer Science or related degree and a minimum of 1 year previous IT support experience preferably in a call center environment and/or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
JOB MANAGEMENT (time management, problem solving, planning)
- Ability to adapt based on rapidly changing client needs; high level of flexibility is required.
- Capacity to take initiative and think outside the box if necessary
- MUST be very well organized and able to prioritize issues and requests
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a very fast paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task