Alphanumeric is hiring a Product Manager for Direct Hire with our client located in Cary, NC.
The company offers great benefits, pension, matching 401(k) and happens to be one of the best places to work in the Triangle.
This position will provide overall management and direction for assigned product(s). Facilitate opportunities based on customer needs, value provided, cost components and market aspects of assigned product(s). Ensure development of a clear value proposition utilizing customer knowledge and experience as well as analytical data.
- Manage the prioritization of user stories, features, new products, projects, and process improvements.
- Consider cost, customer priorities, level of effort, and timing.
- Deliver projects for assigned products in alignment with IT.
- Understand all aspects of the product(s) in the portfolio
- Obtain relevant market analysis including customers, competitors, and capabilities to use in the decision and prioritization process.
- Set goals and strategies that meet existing and potential customer needs
- Develop timeline-based strategic plan for future product goals to drive value propositions.
- Analyze product investment to allocate budget and resources.
- Evaluate internal and external circumstances that may impact the portfolio.
- Deliver annual budgeted revenue and PBCA for assigned product family or families.
- Budget product revenue by billing code on an annual basis.
- Forecast updated product revenue by billing code on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor labor costs and other direct expenses on a monthly basis.
- Explain actual revenue variances to budget & forecast on a monthly basis.
- Identify and implement near-term and long-term cost reduction opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for new services as well as enhancements to existing services.
- Work through the project approval process to get approval for investments in development of new services and major enhancements through industry projects.
- Consider factors including value of the product or service by customer segment, magnitude of the revenue stream versus upfront and ongoing costs, and frequency of billing.
- Make pricing decisions in accordance with annual pricing drivers.
- Responsible for ad hoc pricing decisions. • Operational Excellence
- Customer Satisfaction
- Profit Before Corporate Allocations (PBCA)
- Approved Investment
- Direct customer communication
- Customer/Account management
- Performance monitoring
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Operational Excellence
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to relate at all levels and prioritize team/company goals over personal goals when appropriate.
- Analytical emphasis with ROI development skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized and flexible.
- Knowledge of rail industry or transportation/logistics.
- Data architecture or data management experience.
- Experience managing people and within cross-functional teams.
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/related field (or equivalent related work experience).
o AGILE/SCRUM experience.
o Pragmatic Marketing certified.
o Project Management Institute certified.
THIS IS A RIGHT TO HIRE OPPORTUNITY- CANDIDATE MUST BE US CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER NO THIRD PARTIES