Alphanumeric is hiring an IT Service Desk Technician for a contract to direct hire position in Durham, NC.
This position will work closely with the IT Service Desk Team Lead to ensure prompt customer service and quick response times to IT desktop support requests.
Senior Specialist position will include :
A strong knowledge of PC hardware for desktops and custom built industrial PCs. Also knowledge of older PC hardware and OS's like Dos, and pre-Win XP, unix, and/or Linux would be nice as well. This senior position will be mostly supporting our manufacturing environment which has lots of old PC technologies.
- Qualified candidates will provide quality support following an ITSM ticketing system with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise and timeliness.
- Successful candidates must understand the importance of maintaining a 24x7 production environment. The ability to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations is a must.
- A good personality and excellent written and verbal communication are very important due to the amount of interaction with internal customers. Individuals must be able to work well with limited direction and supervision, be detail oriented, extremely organized, and self motivated with sense of ownership in their area of responsibility.
- Customer Service;understand internal employee needs and provide solutions to help enable the user or process
- Incident Management; strong problem solving and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Receive IT support requests through various channels including phone, chat, e-mail, and employee self service.
- Provide remote IT support for quick resolutions to software, OS, telecomm, and network related issues.
- Provide desk side support for hardware and network related issues. Investigate, diagnose, and resolve incidents at first contact when possible.
- Log and prioritize tickets based on the impact and urgency of the incident reported.
- Resolve backlog of support requests by priority, then on a first in first out basis, providing detailed documentation and updates of troubleshooting performed. Provide periodic customer updates until the incident is resolved.
- Escalate and/or route tickets to appropriate IT Teams or team members as needed
- Ensure business defined incident SLAs are met.
- Request Fulfillment; fulfill IT Service Requests on a first in first out basis, providing detailed documentation and customer facing updates of progression until the request is fulfilled.
- Deliver and reclaim IT hardware, peripherals, and telecomm equipment to/from various office and manufacturing locations around the Durham and RTP campuses.
- Image workstations with Windows OS and software. Perform remote software installations, desktop computer backups, computer OS migrations and manage requests for loaner IT equipment. Patch network ports in wiring closets. requests.
- Asset Management; deliver and retrieve IT Hardware to/from shipping as needed. Manage IT storage rooms and cabinets. Check in and retire IT hardware inventory and update asset management database.
- Knowledge Management; update central knowledge base with workarounds and known issues. Assist in updating documentation of current processes and procedures
- Minimum of 7 years of IT related experience
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, 10 and MS Office Suites
- Strong ability to diagnose various OS and application errors and performance issues
- Strong methodical troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
- Previous support experience in a corporate environment in excess of 500 employees
- Ability to diagnose and repair various IT end user hardware related issues
- Energetic, enthusiastic, eager to learn, fast learner
- Excellent attendance and reliability
- Self-motivated and able to work well with limited direction and supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Detail oriented, extremely organized, self motivated with sense of ownership of area of responsibility
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- ITIL Certification
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Executive support experience
- Experience troubleshooting remote access solutions including RSA, VPN and/or Citrix
- Previous experience using a ticketing system
- A+ Certification
- Other IT training and/or Certifications