Alphanumeric is hiring a Business Analyst to work in Cary, NC.
This contract to direct hire position works with the product manager to analyze and understand customers’ business problems, translate them into requirements for development, and coordinate acceptance and launch of solutions that solve those problems in a compelling way.
- Drive the Agile software development effort by acting as the voice of the customer to define and clarify user stories with the development teams through continual team collaboration, business acceptance testing, making quality decisions, and taking responsibility for the overall development team success.
- Interface with stakeholders to obtain requirements. The requirements (user stories) will include the business logic, expected behavior and user acceptance criteria. The Business Analyst will test the user story and sign off on the business functionality completeness.
- Develop new product ideas by challenging business owners and subject matter experts on their assumptions and how their proposed business requirements will successfully meet their business goals while identifying potential solutions to business problems by applying technical and non-technical analysis.
- Analyze and assess data usage and product performance for maintenance prioritization and compliance with service level agreements. Provide third level support to the product support team as the product subject matter expert.
- Continually prioritize work within the budget, level of effort and opportunity costs constraints by leveraging customer, product support, internal IT and other stakeholder interests. Work can be defined as user stories, features, new products, projects or a process improvement.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 3-6 years of relevant analyst experience or in lieu of a degree a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience will be considered
- Strong ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized and flexible.
- Confident in building customer and industry relationships
- Strong research skills with an attention to detail.
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in analysis, basic statistical analysis; must be able to write basic SQL queries
- Ability to work independently and jointly in unstructured environments in a self-directed way.
- Ability to take a leadership role on projects and with customers